Wednesday, 17 March 2010

Gormley Animation

In the summer I was presented with the project of creating an animation to advertise Antony Gormley's "Field for the British Isles" working alongside local advertising company "DNA Advertising" . Using after effects I created a quirky cut out animation using Gormely's field characters to play within the area of Torbay (where the exhibition was hosted).

Year 2


So I am now due to finish my second y
ear of my course. It has all gone so fast and I am now finding myself getting ready for New Designers Exhibition in London. These are a selection of pieces that I have created during my second year.
My first brief was based on a line of poetry. My initial thoughts of the poem brought imagery of organic forms, dark and birdlike creatures.

The following images are a selection
of experiments and finals from this project.






Typographical Experiments, creating my own font faces and Including them with vectors and cut out shapes.







The main aspect of the brief was to design fit for purpose, I.e create and image as if it was for a client. I decided to move away from the text of the poem and design images for advertising a radio show for a well known record company.



This is one of the final images. As the radio show is broadcast very early in the morning I wanted to capture the feeling of daybreak, a time when thoughts may be hazy. Something that would make you want to wake up early for and enjoy.

I have also experimented with animation in after effects. I brought through my images from photoshop and navigated the camera through the scene, adding eploding birds and light flares.

These are some small capltures of one of my initial animations.

Tuesday, 16 March 2010

Hello World

Well I guess it is best for me to start this blog by introducing you to some of my work.





These two pieces are taken from a selection of collages I composed for my first year. I took inspiration from a set place, and mine was my garage. I was inspired by the hardness of the environment with the tools and chemicals, alongside the softness of cloths draped over boxes and objects.

These two images above were from a book project with the theme of roads. I was given two books both on the theme of roads to create imagery from. Being experimental I wanted to try out some old film cameras I was given, and so I created 8mm films based on roads. The top image was created using a torch, and a holga camera on long exposure. The bottom series are stills taken from a super 8 film filming the beauty of lights at night. I really love experimenting with different image making techniques, and I am especially intrigued by old cameras and Polaroids.



video



video

Ok thats enough for now, but I shall post some of my second year work later. I will try to keep on top of posting as the thing I love most is people who update their blogs.